Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with radio buttons and asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulatreboot

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
GB
Hi

i have 4 radio buttons that when checked they send the data through the get and url command, the radio buttons get there values from my access 200 database, the problem is that in the table where the buttons live i have 2 fields that pull the data from the recordset that dont have radio buttons in them (description and dimention) where the radio butons are diffrent price options, now because i show 5 records at a time when i send the descriptions and dimentions fields i get all five results not (because show five records at a time) and not just the row selected,

can any please help me and point me in right direction

Thanks

Paul....

wow, maybe I need another cup of coffee already but that was confusing ;)

Not sure what you need other than to getthe radio posted. Unless you are naming the radio's different names. Is that the case?

General FAQ faq333-2924
5 steps to asking a question faq333-3811

hi again this is my code for the form and i need to send the description from the recordset and the dimention but because it isnt on a radio button it doesnt get sent in the form (the first two cells of the table), and also because the results are showing 5 to a page i only want dimention and description for the row that has been selected by the radio buttons

<form id="products" name="products" method="get" action="cart.asp">
<table border="0">
<tr>
<td><b>Description</b>&nbsp;</td>
<td><b>Dimentions</b>&nbsp;</td>
<td><b>Shiplap</b>&nbsp;</td>
<td><b>Overlap</b>&nbsp;</td>
<td><b>Treatment</b>&nbsp;</td>
<td><b>Erect</b>&nbsp;</td>
<td><b>Cart</b>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<%
While ((Repeat1__numRows <> 0) AND (NOT rspent.EOF))
%>
<tr>
<td><%=(rspent.Fields.Item("description").Value)%></td>
<td><%=(rspent.Fields.Item("dimentions").Value)%></td>
<td><input type="radio" id="wood" name="wood" value="<%=(rspent.Fields.Item("shiplap").Value)%>">
&pound; <%=(rspent.Fields.Item("shiplap").Value)%>.00</td>
<td><input type="radio" id="wood" name="wood" value="<%=(rspent.Fields.Item("overlap").Value)%>">
&pound; <%=(rspent.Fields.Item("overlap").Value)%>.00</td>
<td><input type="radio" id="treatment" name="treatment" value="<%=(rspent.Fields.Item("treatment").Value)%>">
&pound; <%=(rspent.Fields.Item("treatment").Value)%>.00</td>
<td><input type="radio" id="erect" name="erect" value="<%=(rspent.Fields.Item("erect").Value)%>">
&pound; <%=(rspent.Fields.Item("erect").Value)%>.00</td>
<td><input type="submit" value="Add To Cart" /></td>
</tr>
<%
Repeat1__index=Repeat1__index+1
Repeat1__numRows=Repeat1__numRows-1
rspent.MoveNext()
Wend
%>
</table>
</form>

thanks