Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with filters in MDX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Nov 16, 2001
CL
Hi friends!!!

I need work with filters in MDX, but I don't know how can use the multiples sentences in the clause WHERE or WITH, for example

SELECT ..... ON COLUMNS
FROM SALES
WHERE or WITH
gender="F" and Store="USA" and Products="Drink" and Age="20 years old" and Promotions>"20%"

Thank's and I hope your answers

Karin.... Sorry my poor English

SELECT ..... ON COLUMNS
FROM SALES
where ([gender].[F], [Store].[USA], [Products].[Drink],...) Issahar Gourfinkel
senior software engineer
Israel

Hi Issahar!!!

Thanks for your answer, but i need know how include logic operators in my consult, since the type of consult that need built use logic operator for compare elements with values, percentage and/or measures.

I know that in the where sentence don't can use logic operators, but in the with sentence i can, but i don't know how incorporate this operators for give sense to the consult.

Answer me soon.

Bye.
Karin.

the where clause that I have sent you is logic AND of all the mentioned values...
About OR and NOT - It is not so easy, I think, if you will send me some example of the query that you want to ask, I can propose some form of answer. So, send me and I will try to help...
Issahar Gourfinkel
senior software engineer
Israel

Hi Issahar!!!!

This is an example of the type of consult that i need, but in this consult i don't use the clause AND. I need to introduce logic operators, in this example "xxx > 20%"

SELECT
{[Gender].[All Gender].Children} On Columns,
{CrossJoin(CrossJoin([Marital Status].[All Marital Status].Children,[Product].[All Products].Children),[Store].[All Stores].Children)}
On Rows
FROM
[Sales]
WHERE
([Measures].[Unit Sales], [Promotions].[All Promotions].[Bag Stuffers] > 20%)

Thanks and i wait your answer.
Bye
Karin

Hi, Karin
Try this I didn't run it but I have similar query...

WITH Member [Promotions].[myPromotions] AS
'Aggregate( [Promotions].[All Promotions].[Bag Stuffers].[0]:[Promotions].[All Promotions].[Bag Stuffers].[20]} )'

SELECT
{CrossJoin(CrossJoin([Marital Status].[All Marital Status].Children,[Product].[All Products].Children),[Store].[All Stores].Children)}
On Rows
FROM
[Sales]
WHERE
([Measures].[Unit Sales], [Promotions].[myPromotions]
)

please, mark this message as expert one if it helped you.
Thanks

Issahar Gourfinkel
senior software engineer
Israel

Hi Issahar!!!!!

How are you????

I proved the code that you sent to me, but it did not work to me. I continued looking for and exists a Filter function that in theory would allow to make what I need, but this only works if it is in rows or columns, as that form to me does not serve to me, since I need to use it in the Where sentence. I proved this filter directly creating a calculated member and the Where clause, but in both cases it does not work. I enclose the three mentioned codes to you.

SELECT {(Filter({[Product].[All Products].[Drink].Children}, ([Measures].[Sales Count]) > 1000))} On Columns
FROM [Sales]

With Member [Measures].[Filtro1] As
'Filter({[Product].[All Products].[Drink].Children}, ([Measures].[Sales Count])> 1000)'

SELECT
On Rows
FROM
[Sales]
WHERE [Measures].[Filtro1]

SELECT
On Rows
FROM
[Sales]
WHERE ({Filter({[Product].[All Products].[Drink].Children}, ([Measures].[Sales Count]) > 1000)})

I need to know if you have some example of the use of filters, since as I explained previously only it to you I can use as it leaves from the consultation select (to show it in rows or columns).

Thanks to respond to my consultations.
Greetings.
Karin

Hi, Karin.
First thing - I acted according the first formula that you have sent me. Now I fixed it a little (I didn't know that I could be tested versa FoodMart)

Lets suppose that the next formula will give use filter for
Promotions="Bag Stuffers" or Promotions="Best Savings"

WITH Member [Promotions].[myPromotions] AS
'Aggregate({[Promotions].[Bag Stuffers],[Promotions].[Best Savings]} )'

SELECT
On Rows
FROM
[Sales]
WHERE
([Measures].[Unit Sales], [Promotions].[myPromotions])

You first formula should be like:

SELECT {(Filter({[Product].[All Products].[Drink].Children}, ([Measures].[Sales Count]) > 1000))} On Columns,
{([Measures].[Sales Count])} on rows

FROM [Sales]
I hope it will help you.
Have a nice Day.
(By the way, if you have troubles to understand my terrible English, I can write you in Spanish or Italian (Or Hebrew if you want :) )

Issahar Gourfinkel
senior software engineer
Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back