Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with Binary Values, how to format your formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapaa

Programmer
Nov 3, 2006
US
Crystal 10
SQL 2000 db

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong as I just upgraded to Crystal v10 from v8 plus we I'm now dealing with binary values in our SQL db. I started slowly by converting a very basic report and that didn't pay off. The selection formula I'm using is:

{call_req.group_id} = 0x4B8A782956CC3D46BEADBA420D44D0DE

call_req is the table support desk tickets get stored in.
group_id is linked to the table Contacts, the value is from the UUID column, a binary value.

When I try saving the formula I get "the remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula" and crystal highlights all the characters after the 0.

This might help someone so I'll post my fix. As it turns out the 0x at the beginning of the number is not needed in the formula. When I ran SQL Query Analizer to extract the group_id it came back with 0x....... so this is what I used in my formula. Probably common knowledge to everyone else but hey there might be one or two others this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back