Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working principle of Phaser printers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knudde

MIS
Sep 26, 2003
BE
Hi there,

is there anyone that can explain in a couple of lines what the technology behind the phaser-wax printing is or is there a good url available? There's melting wax, a printhead (that looks just like a bunch of metal plates), i hear a pump, a drum is rolling and something connected to that same pump is going up and down between the drum and the printhead- but how does it all work?

Out of curiosity that is- i like these printers more than toner ones.
tnxs

I think it's time to put a maintenance manual online. I'll see what I can do, in the meantime:

Ink is melted, an image is being "hosed" on the drum that is rotating. The hosing is done by very tiny "printholes". 108 printholes each color. While the image is being made on the drum, the paper is being preheated to have a good temperature "to pull the image of the drum and on the paper". The thing that is going up and down is the "cap/wipe/purge assembly". It is connected to the pump, because it cleans the printhead by setting it into a (don't really know if this is the correct term in english) vacume state. This is done everytime you power-up the machine or when you select "eliminate light stripes" from the front panel.

Simple Question:-

Phaser 8200.

Is the drum photo sensitive, ie. should I keep ambient light off it?

(You can tell I don't know much about Phasers).
Thanks, Rob.

Rob,
No the drum is not light sensitive, but it is easily scratched. when scratched it will tend to show the marks on the prints because the inks fills the scratches and then the voids show up on the paper in the image.

Hello all,

I am looking for part numbers for Phaser 850. I need the transfix gear (item number 4 on the left side picture posted by Knudde) and the rapid release guide in the exit area. The guide is the one you can remove to clear jams. Thanks for any help with these part numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back