Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working Days Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commandolomo

Technical User
Sep 3, 2004
GB
Does anyone know if there is a formula or function within Business Objects 6.1 that when you run a report that returns sets of two different dates, it returns the number of working days between them, and not the number Calandar days? A bit like the NETWORKDAYS function in MS Excel - but I do not want to have to export my info to Excel!!

Any ideas?

Regards

No there is not.

The best practice in this case is to use a special calenderfile that has a running counter for working days and use this in the universe (along with one or aliases)

Fetch the entries for begin and enddate and the difference between the counter-values are the number of working days.

Ties Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

There is another way of doing this which I thought was dead clever, it allows you to do this without needing access to the universe, but unfortunately it doesn't take bank holidays into account. It involves creating three new variables and can be found at the following thread:

thread393-712668

It's called something like "excluding Saturdays and Sundays...

Yes, Dr Smith, you are right.
I recall that clever solution. Even Steve Krandel was impressed :)

Ties Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

This is good. However, once your at this point they will want holidays so you are still toast!

Hey y'all

Many thanks for the advice - I tried to variables ideas as per the suggested thread and it worked a treat - nice one!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back