Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcrawford46

Programmer
Sep 19, 2002
US
I have somehow got my Access databases all connected to some workgroup that requires a password when I open Access. I want to remove this association so Access opens without requesting a username and password. How do I do this? Thanks for the help.

Assuming security is not set, using the workgroup, just join the default system.mdw workgroup. Just search on how to do it for your version of Access.

If there IS security set.... Ensure the admin user has read design and read data permission to all objects, join the default workgroup and then import everything to a new file to strip the security.

I'd recommend keeping the old MDW file. Also if the system.mdw file has the security information and you are joined to it, if you delete it (rename for back up), Access will create a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back