Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workflow 8.19 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

twocan77

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
Hi,

I recently started developing with Workflow. I took the 8.4 class, but we are on Tools 8.19. I have been experiencing some weird effects while building Navigator Maps. I can create the objects just fine, but when I log into PS and try to navigate them, not all the icons appear in the right window pane. I can hover over them and see the mouse pointer change and click on them, but the actual picture is not there.

Also, I deleted an Activity I created earlier, but then when I create a new one with the same name, the Steps and Events that appeared in the old one, re-appear in the new one while navigating through the browser. However, they don't appear in App Designer.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brett

bschultz@uwm.edu

Hi,
Do you have both the navigational map and the process map (the map showing the trigger and worklist) in the same activity?
I had some similar issues that were solved when I seperated the maps into two different activities. That, and making sure the path and step numbers were set up correctly.

ChicagoAnalyst

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean about separating the maps into two activities. I want the Event and Routing to show up in the navigational map to show the "flow of the workflow."

I think my problem is related to cache. When I create an activity from scratch and put in the step, event, and routing, it seems to display fine. But when I start to adding objects, that is when I run into problem. I will try clearing the server cache and re-navigating through.

Thanks again,

Brett
twocan77@yahoo.com

Hi,
What I meant by 2 activities is...

If I put 2 diagrams in one activity:
1. the diagram with the step>event>worklist/email
2. the dagram showing the navigational steps that the user should go through to respond to the worklist or email

there were problems.

If numbers 1. and 2. above were put in 2 seperate activities, the workflow and navigational map worked fine.

ChicagoAnalyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back