Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workaround on Plusteck OpticPro12000P Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXJay

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Just upgraded to XP at home. Just went to Plusteck's site who happily stated the 12000p is based on technology that will not run on XP. Anyone know of a workaround?
-Jay

I don't have any specific info that can help, but I ran into this same issue awhile back with a different brand of scanner made by packard bell (yeah, I'm ashamed). Since they went out of business, there were no drivers for windows 2000 or xp, but someone suggested using a different brand's drivers, and they should work.

What I'm trying to say is... look around on google, and maybe someone knows what other scanner brand's drivers may work for your scanner. Otherwise.. time to buy another scanner, or install Win98 on there and dual-boot just so you can use your scanner, too.

I had the same scanner and I never did get it to work. With the cheap price of scanners these days, I finally decided my time was worth more than the 80 dollars. I assume yours was a parrellel port scanner and none of these want to work very good in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back