Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Work around for "Memo field can not be used in a formula" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

srentzel

Programmer
Mar 17, 2002
US
I have a customer who is running report sthat I need to maintaint with CR 6.0. I am pulling data from Lotus Notes, and am using NotesSQL 2.0.6 drivers. In a report am trying to update, I am getting the error: "memo field can not be used in a formula". I have may Lotus Notes text fields that I am doing some comptation on prior to creatign the report. I have the DSN set to 254 for text fields (was 1024) but this made no difference. I need to be able to determine what is in these fields prior to creating the report. Any way I can workaroung this error?? Also, I am pulling the informaiton from the database based on a Notes form.

TIA.

Sharon R.
srentzel@topdownsoftware.com

Problem solved.. Restarted the workstation, which had the changed DSN, and restarted it. When I opened the Crystal Reports designer and did a Verify Database, it went through just fine. No memo field errors!.... I must have been using the prvious DSN definition which had the text size as 1024.
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back