Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

work-around for demo limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamchaser

Technical User
Oct 28, 2000
US
I recently downloaded a copy of dreamweaver 3 demo, which had a 30-day limit. Unfortunately, a combination of illness and deadlines meant that I got really no time on the program before it expired. Since then, I have downloaded other DW3 demos, but of course, there is some way that the program recognizes that I have had the demo before and won't let me open it. I even bought a magazine with a DW3 demo on CD and it would not open either. I totally understand Macromedia's need to limit the use of a full demo, but my purpose is not to rip off Macromedia, just to get enough time on the program so I can find out if it's for me. Does anyone know a way out of my dilemma? Thanks for any help

You have to delete all references to the program in the registry after removing it but I highly would not recommend doing this unless you are real familiar with the registry

try searching some of the warez sites for a patch , if you look hard enough you will find them i am sure.
Happy searching
ODDBOD

search for that patch as satalavista.box.sk

its the best site around (a search endine for !@#$@#)

regards >:):O> Unicorn11
abhishek@tripmedia.com

[red]Luck is not chance, it's toil; fortune's expensive
smile is earned.[red]

I had the same problem and I called Macromedia and told them my situation. They gladly gave me a password for another 30 day trial. That is much better on the conscience than hacking into it illegally.:)

TulsaJeff -

I'm glad you were able to resolve this legally. I was about to red-flag this thread for piracy.

Chip H.

I agree with Chiph. But it is not illegal and less fussing to simply downlaod and test Dreamweaver4 for 30 days.

Its better than 3 in any case.

Nippi-

That's a good solution, too.

I've been wondering why they continue to sell version 3, when v4 is out.

Chip H.

3 needs less RAM than 4, and is cheaper.

Only relevant if you are running on 32-64 meg RAM(Anyone?)

DW4 is one monster of a program...yes it works a lot better with 128+ RAM.

Thats what happens when you set out to design the worlds greatest web development software and succeed in doing so. Besides the fact that DW4 is stocked full of objects and behaviours and tons of other goodies to help just about anyone design a decent website.

And Microsoft thought they had a good thig going with FrontPage? Not bad I guess but still not the best in my humble oppinion.

DW4 is worth the cost of more RAM if that is what it requires. Ya' Gotta Love It!:)X-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back