Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

words dropping off during internal phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

scal212

Technical User
Apr 30, 2012
US
calling between two sites on a nortel option 11. internally between california and michigan. Michigan can hear me fine but there words are dropping off and hearing only every other word. external calls no problems clear as a bell. Check the MPLS circuit and all is good to go.

Please help

Thank you

You call over MPLS? If the words are dropping off, it is not 'good to go'

Find more at GHTROUT.com

Make sure your voice path is taking the same path both in/out of your MPLS network.
All hopes should be the same, if the voice path is not taking the same route when it returns it may cause the issue you've described above.

You might want to check to see that your voice is a higher priority than the data on that MPLS.
If not the data could be intruding on your voice packets which could cause this.

calling between two sites on a nortel option 11. internally between california and michigan. Michigan can hear me fine but there words are dropping off and hearing only every other word. external calls no problems clear as a bell. Check the MPLS circuit and all is good to go.

Can you give some more info? If this is an option 11 then I amassuming that you are not voip? I guess the first question to ask is what release? what platform? what infrastructure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back