Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Words don't always mean you think. Or do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullmeister

Technical User
Jul 11, 2004
US
Why do we park in the driveway, and drive on the parkway?

If drivers speed on the highway, do stockcar drivers get high on the speedway?

How about when people say, "It's always in the last place I look" when they are looking for something.

No, though I have been underwhelmed. Actually, I have never felt gruntled, but have have actually gruntled, I guess.

from YourDictionary.com:
[ dis- + gruntle, to grumble (from Middle English gruntelen, frequentative of grunten, to grunt; see grunt).]

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

Just to be contrary...

Actually, its infantry that infants don't enjoy. Especially when they are drafted before they are old enough to vote.

Also, I sometimes do keep looking after I found what I was looking for in case there is a newer, improved or cheaper model available.

GwydionM,

Why did we always do a general clean-up for an inspection by a Major, but a major clean-up when the General was coming by?

While I was in the military and the whole family was being moved the cargo was shipped by truck.

Zathras,
I have never been able to find the "Older, Plain, More expensive" item advertised.

correct that: Antiques

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back