Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WordPerfect10 won't open on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

domino1879

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US

After installing WordPerfect Office 2002 on a computer, i'm having trouble getting the wordperfect program to start. the other progs in the suite load up just fine, but WP takes forever to boot up, and if it does at all i can't print. the computer more than meets the requirements of the programs. could anyone know what the deal is?

Did you reboot after the install completed? WP10 requires a reboot to complete the install. After the reboot you should see a meesage stating configuring the Control Panel. "Only those who risk going too far
can possibly find out how far one
can go."

Hi there,

What kind of printing/networking do you have set-up. I've found that if your default printer is a network printer on a peer-peer setup it can take a very very very long time for WP to load.

What I've done is create a local printer as my default (even though I do not have one attached) and after loading WP make sure to change the printer setting.

It's too bad the Corel still has soo many problems with this suite. I've tested Office 2002 and at my office I have had to back rev to Suite 8, it's just more stable.

I ran WP8 for several years with little to no problems. THEN, I decided to try the "new and improved" WP10, which it ain't! My problems started with WP10 only after I followed the advise of a Corel forum contributor to add SP3 and Hotpatch 4 to WP10. Big mistake! After numerous attempts to get WP10 to run, with no success, I had to totally remove WP10 and all trace files and go back to WP8. I have since had a few issues with WP8 I did not have before, but it is far more dependable than WP10.

I would like to see what I can pick up from this forum about WP8 and how to keep it at its peak.

War Eagle Man

Dependent upon OS installed, you need to install at least service pack 1 to get WP to work.

HTH,
Comp

------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back