Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WordPerfect Office 11 - Service Pack 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

higiene

Technical User
Aug 14, 2003
US
Successfully downloaded WP11SP1_EN from the Corel download center. When attempting to execute the download a message is displayed from "Windows Installer" saying to "...contact the applications vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package." The suffix on the downloaded file is .msp which, as far as I know, refers to MS Paint files. I'm having a problem accessing Corel's Knowledge Base & there's nothing obvious on the Corel site indicating where I might direct an email. Anyone have any idea what's going on? My OS is Win 98.

I'm having the same problem trying to install SP1 to WP11.

Have nothing new to report. It still won't load. Nice to know I'm not the only one w/the problem.

I've had no problem with the SP1 file. The msp extension is short for Microsoft Patch or Windows Installer Patch.

Installs without a glitch on Windows XP. You may need to search the Microsoft websites to ensure that you have all the latest software upgrades installed for Windows.

I appreciate the interpretation of .msp. That in itself helps. As far as I know my OS is current but I'll give it a look-see just to be sure. Appreciate the response.

This may happen if MSP files (Windows Installer Patches) are associated to other applications within your Windows configuration.

To resolve this issue:

• Copy the patch file you downloaded to the root of the C: drive

• Click Start and select Run...

• From the Open dialog box type:

If you have WordPerfect Office 11
On Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows XP:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /p C:\WP11SP1_EN.msp

On Windows NT or Windows 2000:
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /p C:\WP11SP1_EN.msp

If you have WordPerfect Family Pack 5
On Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows XP:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /p C:\FP5.msp

On Windows NT or Windows 2000:
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /p C:\FP5.msp

• Click OK and this should start the install for the service pack.

Donnf...
Thanx for the info but it didn't seem to help. Using the Win 98 command string that you suggested...as it turns out "msiexec.exe" could not be found. Seems that on my system, "msiexec.exe" is in the "\Windows\System" directory. Changing the string to point to "System" instead of "System32" worked but unfortunately it resulted in the original message "...verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package...", etc. Any advice?

I am having the same problem. I try using:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msiexec.exe /p C:\WP11SP1_EN.msp

Still the same error about checking with the vendor? Any other ideas?

-Stephen

Ok looks like the service pack from Corel was wrong or didn't download correctly. Just do a search and download another one. It should me just over 32MB.

-Stephen

Ok looks like the service pack from Corel was wrong or didn't download correctly. Just do a search and download another one. It should be just over 32MB.

-Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back