Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WordPerfect 8 open files-view- details results in no files displayed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman910

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
US
After years of no problems with WordPerfect 8, suddenly in file/open/view I lose view of the files if details is selected, so I am unable to see file dates and other info which has always been displayed when details is selected. I have reinstalled and I have installed service pack 7. Any ideas?

Do you have the same result if you use explorer to view details of the files? If I understand what you are describing, it might be that the column(s) containing the file date, etc. have been narrowed to the point of being hidden. Try "grabbing" the line in the description bar above the file names at dragging it to the right.

Hope this helps,
Don

Thank you Don, that points in the right direction, same problem in Windows Explorer. Do you think this means the problem is in Windows, rather than WordPerfect?

Don, thanks again, that was the problem. I don't understand what would have caused the filename column to expand to fill the whole window in both Windows Explorer and WordPerfect8 at the same time, but that is what happened. When I grabbed the name column from the left side of the window in each program and pulled it to the right, it uncovered the date column, and successively each column was uncovered in like manner, but this had to be done in both programs, correcting one did not correct the other (which I would have expected had this not occurred in both programs simultaneously).

I am suprised that fixing in one did not fix both, I wonder if it was just a function of the screen not being refreshed (F5)? I am under the impression that most, if not all windows apps use Windows explorer.exe for their file functions.

Don

Don, it may have, I started writing a reply reporting that fixing one fixed both, but then I had to work on each separately to get them to lay out the way they had, and lost confidence that windows explorer had changed Word Perfect. I keep the columns in different order in the respective programs, and changing the order of one does not change the order of the other. I can also view one in details and the other in small icons, or other combinations, simultaneously, so they are not fully linked. Thanks again for your help. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back