Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wordpefect printing win xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmo

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2002
US
I have a problem printing using wordperfect 11 and windows xp pro. When I want to print a document it sends the job to the spooler and the status says spooling for more than 45 seconds before it actually prints. There are no graphics in the document just three words. It only does this in WordPerfect.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem.

I have a worse problem when I'm bridged to the network -- it won't print at all until I shut-down. I know it has something to do with the print server 110 command.

I remember having to make an entry for older WordPerfect programs to add the line print server 110 = lpt1 in the autoexec.bat file. I don't know where to put it in Windows XP Pro.

Any suggestions?

My installation of WP11 simply will not print to one of my printers (Xerox WorkCentre M950). When I make the mistake and print, I get a Spooler error and Wordperfect crashes. When I try to print again, all of the printers are no longer installed.

I have to reboot to get the printers back. Corel support told me to contact the printer manf. to updated drivers. Printer manf says that the drivers are not a problem.

I don't know what to do. I haven't tried connecting the printer to my WinXPpro Notebook or Win98SE family PC yet but that's all I can think of doing.

Did you load PrintServer110.exe into memory before you start WorPerfect? This should help with most print spooler problems.

In XP or Win2000 you can place the command "printserver110.exe" in the autostart group or in the registry (with regedit):

HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runonce as type=REG_SZ enty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back