Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WORDPAD STATUS BAR (line number & row position)

Status
Not open for further replies.

babsjoy

Programmer
Sep 1, 2003
US
I have WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL with WORDPAD V.50 (service pack 4) software. Is there an upgrade or utility that can provide me (the line number and character position) within a file where my mouse cursor is pointing? For example: I open a raw data file into WORDPAD containing 10 records. I place my mouse cursor on the last line of the file right after the first character in the row can the status bar denote (the line number 10 and position 1 of the line)? I have seen someone with Windows XP have this capablity I was wondering if there was an upgrade or an added utility to get me this flexibility. Thanks in advance...

Download and install some freeware editor like Context ( it offers far more features and is better equiped then WordPad in these cases. For RTF editing keep up with WordPad though :)

HTH
TonHu

Eventhough I am really not suppose to download freeware, since I am located on a government site, I figured getting a reference from someone in this type of forum was safe. Context did give me exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back