Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachjch

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
US
When I use word XP I do not have send to mail recipient (as attachment) as a choice. Why not and is there something I can do to fix this?
thank you for your help.
John

To use this procedure, you must be using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Exchange, or any 32-bit e-mail program compatible with the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI).

Open or create the file that you want to e-mail as an attachment.
On the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Mail Recipient (as Attachment).
In the To and Cc boxes, enter recipient names separated by semicolons.
To select recipient names from a list, click the To or Cc buttons.

By default, the file's name appears in the Subject box. If you want, you can type your own subject name.

The problem is, mail recipient (as attachment) is greyed out, I can't even use it.
Thank you for your help.
John

What email program are you using? Outlook, outlook express, netscape? Try going into Internet Explorer, click on the tools menu > Internet Options... and click on the Programs tab. What does it say next to Email? If it is not the email program you use, set it to the correct one and see if that does anything for you.

Isn't there a fix for this? I would still like to use Outlook Express, and the only time you point to Send To on the File menu, the Mail Recipient command is not available.
But this is only in word XP. Thank you all for your help I appreciate it.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back