Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word-window shrinks completely away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ersbygubben

Programmer
May 8, 2001
FI
Problem is that I can't shrink the Word-window to something less than maximize. When clicking on the shrink-button in the right upper corner, the window shrinks away down under the Word-startbutton I have in the Office-taskbar.
Version is Windows 98 and Office 97! Where can I define the size (numerically if need be) to get the format back on the screen. After that it is easy to resize the window anyway I want.

Have you tried clicking in the top LEFT corner, and selectng 'restore'?

Thanks Simon,
I feel stupid, but relieved. I never realized that this upper-left thing was a button.
X-)

Back to problem with shrinking Word-window. The upper-left button didn't work after all. So, anyone have an idea about how to restore the shrinked window to something like say half the size of display?

Try using Size and and then double arrow the edges to the size you want.

If Size is greyed out, hit Restore first and then when you go back size should be available.

LRH

It's a strange one, isn't it.

As I understand it, when you resize the window, it disapears underneath something (the office toolbar?). Question is, where in fact has this window gone?

A few other (desperate!) things to try;

Temporarily close the office toolbar. Is it lurking under that.

Resize/move/auto hide the task bar.

Finally, and I've seen this before, is your screen properly adjusted - is it possible that the vertical / horizontal size is set so that part of the screen contents has 'fallen off the side'?

Meantime I'll have a poke around and see if I can se anything else - the gauntlet is down!

Well, the window shoots off left middle and dissapears copletely. I shifted the office shortcut bar, but couldn't find the window there. Also the settings of the screen seems OK since every other window works fine. Nothing left outside anywhere. So.... :-(

Try cycling through all your open apps with Alt-Tab until you find your "Lost Word". Then press Alt-Space Bar to activate the control menu, then press M to select move, and then use the arrow (cursor) keys to try and move the window back to a visible part of your desktop where you can get control of it again.

Good luck!

I'm stumped. I can't get mine to dissapear like that at all. The minimum I can get (apart from minimised to the task bar) is taskbar height wide, by about 3 times that width. It sits in the middle of the desktop too.

Is it time to admit you're using an Apple mac or something . . .?!

pjm,
thanks. I found my lost schrunken window. It was far away left since it took several seconds before it appeared. But now it seems I have it where I want it.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back