Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word VBA global Template - Unable to view project - project locked 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill07

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have searched the forum to see if anyone else had posted the query that I am looking for. As I have not found anyone posting the query.

I have produced a global word template which is stored on one of our servers. Users share the global template which I setup via group policy to point to the save location.

My problem is when I tried to view the global template in Word VBA Editor, I get a project is locked and code is unviewable. The global template is not locked or anything and was wondering why can I not view the macros in the template.

Thabnk you in advance

This is true for all global templates except normal.dot. It is always available in the VBE.

One of the things I do with my globals is have a keyboard shortcut in them that opens the actual file. As the code is available (when the global is loaded), it makes it very easy to actually open the file.

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Hi MIS, Gerry,

Thank you for your help and answers. I thought I could view and modify the vba code as I would with the Normal template. I have opened the global template using the file open method as suggested by MIS and made the necessary changes.

Thanks again for your answer.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back