Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word: Two-page spread option? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

osp001

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
US
Is there any way to get a two-page spread view in Word? Or am I doomed to use Quark or InDesign? Thanks!

Are you kidding?
Just click on the Zoom drop down, you will find 50%, 75%, 100%..... Page width,... Two Pages!!!

Cheers!

Eman_2005
Technical Communicator

Sorry- I've been a bit spoiled, using Quark. The net upshot is that Quark allows one to view two pages at once- the left-hand page (even number page) and right-hand page (odd number page) at the same time. Scroll down, and get the next spread.

Is there any way to do this in Word, or am I just nuts?

Thanks!

osp001,

Have you actually tried eman2005's suggestion? The 'Two Pages' option allows you to do just that!

Cheers

I'm using Word 2002, and the only options I'm getting in the "Zoom" tab are 500%, 200%, 150%, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%, and "Page Width."

Am I missing something, or does Word 2002 not have this option?

This has nothing to do with Word version.
You are using Normal view rather than Print Layout view.
Click on the View menu and select Print Layout.
You will then have this possibility.

Forget Quark. It belongs to the past ;-)

Eman_2005
Technical Communicator

Forget Quark???? You have to be bloody joking. I am very good at Word, and in many ways love it...but it is NOT and most likely be NEVER be a proper document layout software. It is a word processor, not a document layout application. Oh sure it has progerssed greatly. However, try this:

Make the Word document "book fold". Try to get an image that will go over both pages. Can't be done. Not only that, but "book fold" - at least to 2002 (do not know about 2003) can ONLY apply to the whole document. You can not section break it, having one section as book fold, and anothe rsection "normal" pages.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. If you want REAL layout capability, Quark makes Word seem like a joke. And that is coming from a Word FAN.

Gerry

Well, I used to say the same about PageMaker.

I must admit I don't know Quark, but with word there are different ways of doing things.
Don't forget, you can have a master document that has sub-documents included in it, so one of them could have whatever form you prefer while another have a different one.

Anyway, this is not the place for such a comparison.

If you have trouble doing something with Word, just post it here, we'll take care of it ;-)

Eman_2005
Technical Communicator

Agreed, although....master and sub docs....shudder. I have been using Word since Version 2.0 - Master and Subs? No thanks, I'll pass. I still don't think they have it right.

Gerry

Getting back to your original question, Gerry. In print layout go to View - Zoom (menu). The dialog box gives you options for multi-page layout not just two page layout. Thanks I haven't used this feature in a while so it was nice refresher question.

In Word 2003, there are several options for working with more than one page (but in Page Layout View, not Normal View). You have the choices of 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x1, 2x2 and 2x3 pages.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back