Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Tracking Reviewers - I need to remove reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrosier

Instructor
Mar 17, 2000
US
I am using Word XP and need to get rid of the listing of reviewers. In Word 97 or 2000 all that was necessary was to accept all the changes to a document to "clean" the document of those types of items. Then just to be sure, we would copy the text into a blank document.

Now in Word XP - those methods are not working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Dawn

I am assuming you are talking about tracking changes etc here.

Yes, I am sorry.

To clarify; I have compared two or more documents together and have tracked and accepted the changes. However Word XP is maintaining the names of the reviewers in the document.

I have found that if I go to the Tools - Options - Security settings, I can remove personal information from this file on save. This seems to be working - but only AFTER I restart Windows. If I only exit out of Word and restart, then Word continues to show me the listing of Reviewers.

Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back