Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WORD TOC : Yes / No answer please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DajOne

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CA
Is it possible to label the contents of a cell in a Word table with 2 colums as a 'heading'? So far, all my attemps resulted in the contents of the 2 cells being labelled as a 'heading'.

If the answer is Yes, I'll look and learn some more..

Thanks

Yes.

?????????

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...
Tooth Company Freeze a Crowd! and
Many are Cold, but Few are Frozen![tongue][/sub]

Many Thanks!!! I'll figure it out.

Your second sentence did not make sense in juxtaposition to your first.

First your asked, "Is it possible?"

Then you stated, that your attempts proved the possibility.

What are you trying to do, really?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...

I am trying to label the contents of a (one) cell as a 'heading' in a Word table that has 2 colums. So far, all my attemps resulted in the contents of the adjoining cell also being labelled as a 'heading'.

Hopefully this will clarify what I am trying to do.

Select ONLY the one cell and assign the heading style.

All other cells in the table have the default Table style.

Skip,
[sub]

This is wnat I did several times and unfortunately it didn't work. I must have something in my setup that prevents this simple task to work.

Thanks

It Works!
[tt]
Select the entire table.

Select a NON HEADING style.

Select THE CELL.

Select the heading style.

Update the TOC.

[/tt]

Skip,
[sub]

Great many Thanks.. Logical too.. The tables must have a preset heading..

Table "Heading Rows" is different from a Heading style. Which are you trying to achieve. If it is setting Heading Rows, I believe it needs to be the entire row.

If it is a table heading, then it has to be the first row as well.

Actually it would better to NOT select the cell. It would be better to select the text in the cell. If the cell is empty, do NOT select the cell, just put the cursor into the cell and make the paragraph the Heading style.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back