Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Tables Frustration - Please Help me!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh707

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
US
Ok, I'm setting up a document. The first page is just a title page. Then starting on page two is a table with 5 columns of varying widths. Basically I want it to just keep flowing as I add information to the table. Everything works well until someplace in the middle I might add a row. Then everything gets really crazy! Basically what happens is that the first three rows remain on the first page of the table. Then there is a huge space at the bottom of the page (about 4.5 inches) then the table starts again on the following page and works great from there on. Where it splits is not where I added a row. This has happened to me in the past and I have no idea what I have done or how to correct it. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

MAYBE you should look at row properties and check the box to allow row to break across pages?

I just checked and that box is already checked. I undid it and it didnt do a darn thing. Arrrrgggg...

Do any of the paragraph formats in the cells have 'keep with next' checked? This might force one row onto another page, if the following paragraphs are too big to fit on the current page.

Are you adding rows by pasting other, already existing rows? I have been able to insert rows this way, although, quite frequently, tables seem to reformat themselves for no obvious reason.

Hi

This wasn't my thread, but I was having the same problem. (VERY frustrating!)

I took iGrant's suggestion. Worked like a charm.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back