Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

word perfect 9, drop down spell checker list

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapbooker

Technical User
Jun 20, 2002
US
Our word perfect used to have a drop down word list from the task bar. It was located at the far right, upper corner and when a word was mispelled you could click on the word in the bar and it would show several matches of correctly spelled words. You could then click on the correct word and it would automatically replace the misspelled word. Somehow we have lost this feature. I have tried everything to try to get it back but to no avail. Can anyone help? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I think you may be looking for Prompt-As-You-Go a feature that you can add to a tool bar or the property bar in WP. To add this:
right-click a tool bar
click Edit
under feature category select: Tools
under feature select: Prompt-As-You-Go
(there are 2 of these - one is the feature (book with "p" icon) and the other is a toggle - on/off switch (ball icon.)
click Add Button to add this to the bar (I suggest adding both to the bar so you can turn this off when you'd like to save resources)
Make sure to click OK to save your editing changes rather than clicking cancel and losing your hard work.

Hope this helps. [medal]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back