Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Perfect 8 Macro help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedmunki

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
I need to design a macro that can copy selected information from a word perfect document and convert it to a text file.

My Problem is that the information in the documents is not in any organized format. In some documents the information is in a table. In other documents the information was tabbed while in another they used spaces.

I have very limited knowledge and experiance in designing macros and am looking for any information and guidence I can get.

Thanks

The code for searching and copying text to a new document is uncomplicated. Since the information you need to copy occurs in many formats, the question is, is there something you could search for that would appear in each bit of information you wanted to copy, and only those pieces of information? It need not be at the beginning. It could be a word or number (a file-number for instance) or a formatting code (the information you need is in italics, for instance) or any unique combination of those. Perhaps the information occurs at the same place within the file on a regular basis.

When you work out how to search for what you need, you've done the really hard part.

Jantin,

Thanks for responding. I aready figured out how to get the information out. I had the macro do alot of find and replace searches to get all the documents to have some kind of consistancy in their formatting. Then delete the headers and footers to make sure the macro did not pick up any other information. After I had the information I needed. I then had the macro go through and extract the rest of the information and save it to a delimited text file so that our loader program could load this info into our database.

Julian

Easy nononsense way to get WordPerfect 8 to work in MS Windows XP.

1. Copy installation folder to the root of your c:\ drive.
2. Right click on every *.exe application in that folder and go to properties, click compatibility tab, check: Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose: Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5), click OK. Repeat this for all the *.exe's in the folder not just the one's in the setup folder, there are a lot it took my 15 minutes to do all of them, then run appman\setup.exe it will install correctly. Reboot.
3. Go to START\Corel Word Perfect 8 Suite\Corel WordPerfect 8\ right click it, and change the capatibilty also to winnt 4.

You can appy WP8SP7 using the same proceedure.

-- Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back