Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WORD or PowerPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

desi5pure

MIS
Mar 29, 2008
US
Let's say one of applications running on my PC has three pictures (images); if I do screen print and paste it on a WORD document and/or PPT slide, it will show all three pictures. Is there a way to 'cut' unwanted images so I can only show one of the images on my WORD document and/or PPT slide?

Crop... that's what you're looking for and it's in the picture toolbar.

Ken

"cckens is a nick... why the H-E- double-hockey-sticks am I using a nick for a name? Am I afraid of who I am?"
-me
"...don't know why, but I think of chickens when I see that nick...maybe even choking chickens???"
-Tony (wahnula)

But note that cropping means that the full image will still be stored in your Word (or PPT) document, thus enlarging your file size

On this PC I have a small prog call "Screen Hunter" from somebody called Wisdom Soft. IIRC it's an old version (5.0) (so available free). The purpose of which is to capture a section of your screen (so ideal for cutting out just a single (or part) image). Work OK.

@Strongm,
Very true, but he asked how to do it, not a file saving technique.
@ajrimmer
We have people who use that at my office. It's a neat piece of work for what it is and it does allow for specific capture.

desi5pure,
If you are unable to load applications due to office restrictions, you can also screen capture to MS Paint to do your editing. Simply paste your screenshot into Paint, and use the marquee tool to select the part that you want to save. Edit->Copy, then File->New, and paste the portion into the new image. Resize the borders and save as your favorite file format (in Paint, that would be BMP, GIF, or JPG). Then you can insert into your application.

Hope this helps!

Ken

"cckens is a nick... why the H-E- double-hockey-sticks am I using a nick for a name? Am I afraid of who I am?"
-me
"...don't know why, but I think of chickens when I see that nick...maybe even choking chickens???"
-Tony (wahnula)

Hi,

Alt + Prntscrn will copy only the active window (picture) to the clipboard, so click the picture you want to use first.

HTH,

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back