Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word merge from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookor

MIS
Apr 21, 1999
US
I need to do a merge to word document from an access database which is actually a front end to an Oracle database. I created the word template with a link to my access query. I can pull up the template and request it to refresh the data. At my development workstation I then get the normal Access Logon when word starts access, then I get the Oracle ODBC logon and then the refresh occurs. The problem is when I move to a runtime workstation when Word causes Access to start, Access is looking for the system.mdw file. If I was starting an access app with runtime I could direct it to where the system.mdw file is but there is not opportunity to do that from within word. <br>
<br>
I would prefer to include a default username and password in the ODBC connection and avoid the access logon as well in pulling these reports but I can find no way around it.<br>
<br>
any suggestions would be appreciated.<br>
<br>

Make an Access file with the default workgroup file (system.mdw). From that Access file you can attach Oracle (ODBC) tables and ask to save username/password.<br>
<br>
The user shouldn't then need to enter any username/password at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back