Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Margin Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusw39

Technical User
Apr 10, 2002
US
I have a Word document that had previously been a Works document. I don't know how it was converted, just that it was converted.
I mention this in case it makes a difference.
My problem is when attempting to print the doc. I get the error message "The margins of section 1 are outside the printable area of the page. Do you wish to continue?" It will print what I want it's just an annoying error and I don't know how to correct it.
Using Office 97.
Thanks,
Marcus The one thing you can't buy is time. Yet!

Go To section 1.

Then, goto File, Page Setup.

Select the Margins tab, click OK. You will get an error:

One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the page. Choose the Fix button to increase the appropriate margins.

Click the Fix button.

I did as mentioned.
When I go to print the doc., I get the same error message.
When I go back again to File/Page setup/Margins/OK, the error message doesn't show up this time. The one thing you can't buy is time. Yet!

Have you checked that the original document isn't in Landscape view and you are trying to print in Portrait view? or vice versa?

Majority of printers cannot print any closer to the edge of paper than 0.25 inch. Some of the printers require a minimum of 0.5-inch margins.

If you wish to find out what the minimum margins can be for your printer, start Wordpad, go to File, Page Setup, and set any Margin to zero; click OK and go to File, Page Setup again and the Margin will be adjusted to what the minimum has to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back