Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Link with Office XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortkc

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
I am installing Word link on an XP Pro system running Office XP SP2. When I open word, the Goldmine menu option does not appear. When I log in as Administrator the menu is there. I have made sure the user has admin rights to the machine, full access to the Hard disk, registry and normal.dot file, but it still does not work when logged in as her user id. When I called Goldmine support, they just told me to check her permissions. Any ideas? Thanks.

I installed the link logged in as the user who is experiencing the problem (KMS).

Try this:

1. Logon as user in question
2. Launch GoldMine
3. Launch Word
4. In Word, go to Tools -> Macro -> Security (ensure it is set to Medium or Low)
5. In Word, go to File -> Open, browse to the location of your GMLINK.DOT file, open this
6. Perform the install, save the settings
7. Close Word
8. Open Word to verify

I have tried this, but it still does not put the Golmine menu in Word. If I log out and back in as Administrator or KMC, it works fine.

From the administrator logon, uninstall GoldMine link from Word - this can be done inside of Word, under the GoldMine menu option.

Check macro security settings. Reinstall WordLink. Also make sure you download ver. 6.0 of WordLink from FrontRange.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back