Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word hanging when opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzwhittles

Technical User
Jul 7, 2000
GB
Hi,

When opening up Word 97 from a Laptop(Windows 98) that used to run the program fine is now hanging when it is opened. All other Office Apllications are fine.

Any body with any ideas? [sig][/sig]

I would re-install Word, it may be that some other software recently installed has changed files that word uses to run. [sig][/sig]

hey linz,

i'd do a virus scan (might be a virus) and a thorough scandisk (w/automatic repair for errors) before the uninstall. [sig][/sig]

Also check that your Normal.doc has not grown or is even there. Check your free space on the disk and clean up some files if needed. [sig][/sig]

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I have tried almost everything i can think of and it still doesn't work.

Anymore ideas?

Linz [sig][/sig]

You might try running a diagnosis program like Norton System Works on the laptop. It may be that a file in Windows is corrupted, and this may correct. A lot of problems I was having on my computer cleared up just by doing that.

[sig]<p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back