Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

word for mac - how to suppose symbols on pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldtooth

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
GB
I am trying to put numbers (actually symbols with numbers in them) on top of imported pictures into a word document. I found this easy on my pc, but now I've bought a iMac (el capitan) and am using microsoft word for mac, I can't seem to get the picture and symbol to 'superimpose', i.e. appear as one. Have I missed a trick? Help, please!

So correct me if I am wrong, but when I do it I Insert one picture, right click on it and tell it to be behind the text, Insert the second picture, right click on it and tell it to be in front of the text and then I can move either picture freely and have one on top of the other. Does this method not work for you?

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Thanks for your reply, DrB0b
I have imported jpegs, onto which I am trying to insert and superimpose shapes (actually circles with numbers in them). I have tried your suggestion of 'behind of and in front of the text' idea, but they will not superimpose or lie on top of each other. I also notice that, after right-clicking a jpeg, the bring to front or back option is greyed out, whereas this is not the case with the imported shape.

That is odd behavior as I can do so with .png, .jpg, .jpeg and not have any issues. I can Insert a Picture or just drag and drop it on my Word doc. Is there any special way you are getting them into your Word doc other than what I mentioned? If you download a random .jpeg from the net does it behave the same way?

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

What version of word are you using. Only the 2016 version works correctly with 10.11.x.

Thanks AngelArs
I am using 2015 version 15.18. I have managed to do what I wanted outside of Word by using Preview and bringing the finished picture into Word, but this is still annoying.

Do you have Outlook installed? 15.18 had a LOT of bugs with outlook installed.

No Outlook - just the Mac's in-house email software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back