Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

word/excel mail merge label creeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindi

Technical User
Jul 28, 2002
AU
Hi i have successfully mail merged a excel document to a word document to print of a bunch of labels from a list.

THe problem is that although everything prints out ok, each label CREEPS up the page approximately 4 ml per label.

By the time i am down at the bottom of an a4 sheet the bottom label is half way up into the previous lables space.

With some embaressment i have been trying to fix this for a couple of years
thanks
bindi

Are you sure you're using the correct template for the labels on which you're printing?
Are you sure you're using the correct printer driver for your printer/operating system combination?

At very least...
Figure out exactly how much space you're losing by the end of the sheet. A half inch? Take the half inch and divide by how many labels vertically. Increase the row height of the labels by that much. You do realize that it's just tables, right?

:)

Also, if you're printer is a cheapie, you might want to try printing it to a different printer and make sure it's not the roller slipping on your printer due to the extra weight of the label sheets...

Anne Troy
Supercharge your Office Applications:

thanks for your response and help,

i crated my own custom label 1.4 inch high
4.1 inch wide
0 top margin
0 left margin
8 down, 2 accross on a4 paper..

and it still creeps ( see sliping into insanity!!!)

re the printer is a cannon bubblejet and it has the correct drivers...

i am testing on paper and it still does it

and i can't increase the size of the labels because no more will fit on a standard a4.....

???

i will give it a go on another printer and see what happens thanks again

It may be because your printer settings are in inches and the ISO A4 paper standard is metric based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back