Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word - Attach Caption to Graphic and Stay Together? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdldavis

Technical User
Oct 29, 2001
US
Hi, How does one attach a caption to a graphic in a Word document and have them stay or be anchored together?

In Word Perfect for example, the graphic goes in first and the attachment is the caption.

In Word, they seem to be two individual pieces and they move independant of eachother. Is there something simple I'm missing here? How do you make them move as a single unit?

Thanks, Dan

I don't know if this is the best but whenever I want both to stay together I put both of them into the same text box. The caption will still update and you are guaranteed that the graphic and text stay together even if they have to move to the next page.

As an addendum to this, the problem seems to occur when I switch in and out of the view page break mode. I know that the graphic is anchored to a paragraph but how does one anchor a picture caption?

Hi, thanks for the tips. I can use both of them and appreciate the help.

Thanks, Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back