Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word and Paper Types 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqueakinSweep

Programmer
Jun 20, 2002
GB
Ive just installed W2K on an office machine and SP3. Then I installed MS Office Premium. Everything is fine, except that some of the standard paper types are missing, specifically A4. Is there a way to add these?

Hi

Check that the international settings (language and keyboard) are set to a location where A4 paper is used.

Also check and see if the printer drivers are set to use this as a default, as many apps use the default printer paper size for themselves - I know office 97 does this.

John

John

All seems ok, regarding regional settings, I'll play around with the printer driver, and see I have any success. It just seems very odd, that it only seems to happen on this one machine. All other W2K clients Ive set up have worked fine.

Thanks
Wayne

Wayne

Another thing to check: See if the NORMAL.DOT file for the word installation specifies A4 or Letter as the default paper size, and if not either change it or copy one over from a working machine.

John

Make sure in the Tools>Options>Print tab, the option "Allow A4 paper resizing" is checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back