Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word and Outlook 2002 - Can't edit using mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

funktastic

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
I'm using Win XP Prof. and Office 2002 connected to a domain.

I installed Office XP (2002) on my computer with the option (run all from my computer).
Problem: When I open Word I can type what I need to, but I can't use my mouse to edit/highlight any words. In Outlook, let's say I want to start a new email. My mouse can select the fields "To:", "CC:", and "Subject", but I can't get to the message box to type using my mouse, I have to tab to it.

If I log in to the administrator account, everything works great. So I made the account that didn't work an administrator to the computer. Unfortunately, this didn't work. Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried installing the service pack? See if that resolves your issue.

Good Luck,

Wray

I've installed Office SP3 and am still having trouble.

Thanks,
Joe

My guess is that it is a third party add in. To check this, from the Start, Run command, type in

winword /a

and press OK. This will start Word in Safe Mode where all addins and custom macros are bypassed (as though it is a fresh, uncustomised installation). Test again now. If Word now works, then start looking for custom macros, templates, add-ins, etc.

Regards: tf1

Thank you sooooo much. You totally made my day! By running winword /a it worked properly leading me in the right direction. I found the checkbox under the trusted macros area that by deselecting it fixed the problem.

Thanks,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back