Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 97 to Word Xp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcr2

Technical User
Feb 20, 2001
US
I recently had XP installed and now I am having all kinds of problems working with many of my old documents that were created in Word 97.

Examples are printing many extra blank pages that don't exist.

When you try to do a print or page preview on a six page document, word xp says re-paginating and goes as high as 600-770 pages.

It apears maybe to be associated with table documents.

Is there a way to shut something of to make it operate like word 97?

I am having similar problems with tables I created in Word97. They will not work properly in Ms Word 2002. Did anyone answer this post for you?

Overpagination is often caused by document damage. The damage you are mentioning seems to be commonly ignored in Word 97, but causes problems in 2000 and 2002(XP).

Use the Open and Repair feature in Word 2002(XP). Just go to File -> Open as usual, but rather then open the file, select the file and click on the arrow attached to the Open button. One of the options is to Open and Repair. This _usually_ fixes the problem.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back