Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2K Windows on Taskbar 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

euskadi

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
US
Excel has a feature that enables you to see 1 icon on the taskbar for each workbook open, or you can choose to see only 1 icon.

It's on /T/ools /O/ptions "Windows in Taskbar".

This also exists in Access 2k, but I can't find it in Word 2k. Is it there???

It's not available in Word because there is no need for it. Its purpose it to be able to separate different components of one basic file. Word only has one component of a file: the document itself. *****************************************
Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

I'm not sure if you followed my question, I'm not talking about different tabs in the Excel workbook, I'm talking about different Icons on the Task bar that you can click on to navigate from one document to another as opposed to selecting the item from the "Window" menu. If I open 2 Excel workbooks, I can choose to see 2 icons on the task bar (separate documents themselves), or just 1 master Icon for Excel as a whole.

The only "need" for this is to limit the number of items displayed on the task bar. Since I frequently have multiple XL workbooks open it's nice to keep my taskbar tidy. Likewise, when I have multiple Word documents open I'd like to see just 1 icon.

Okay, duh. I was thinking Office Shortcut Bar. Sorry!

For Word 2000 to get an MDI emulation toggle you can use this free 3rd party 'Windows in Taskbar.dot' template that takes about 1 minute to install:

Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back