Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2013 formatting problem after conversion from 2010 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalBox

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
I recently converted Word 2010 to 2013. I created a template in 2010 that included tables. I noticed that while typing within the table cells and I reach the border, instead of returning to the next line, it moves the border. It's not behaving like a table any longer. Has anyone encountered this problem?

That behaviour depends on how you've formatted the table. If, for example, you have the default 'automatically resize to fit contents' option selected and the column width isn't set, the column width will increase (within limits) to accommodate the extra before wrapping the text.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Thanks for your input. I wasn't aware that you could setup table to "automatically re-size". I as mentioned, I created the template in Word 2010 and the table were locked in. When we upgraded to Word 2013 I guess it defaulted to automatically re-size. I'm not familiar with that feature. Can you tell me where I might find that feature?

It's in the same place as in Word 2010... Look under Table Tools>Layout>Properties>Options plus, of course, the table's settings for its overall width and the column widths.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Found it and fixed the problem. My template is up and running again. Thank you so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back