Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2007 table not editable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmyra

Programmer
Jan 5, 2007
US
We're having an issue with tables within large documents. If the first page of the document has a table, data in the table can't be selected.

However, if I click on the first line of the table, right mouse-click and select table properties, row tab and unselect "Repeat as Header row at top of each page" then the data in the table becomes editable. It's like this feature is locking the table.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks.

Have you checked for any add-ins? They may interfere with some of the processes.

Next, delete a file called word.qat. Unfortunately, this will remove any customization in your quick access toolbar.

A man has only two choices: He can be right or he can be happy.

Is this multiple documents or just one? Is this on multiple computers or just one?

--
JP

Wow - I have the same issue with one of my docs. It is a Word 2003 document. I open in Word 2007 and my table is locked. The table spans 3 pages. The first 10-12 rows on page 5 can be edited, nothing on pg 6 can be edited, and the remaining rows on pg 7 can be edited. If I go back and open in Word 2003 it works fine. I have tried both the .doc and .docx in Word 2007.

But you now have a whiz-bang new ribbon interface..... Why would you really care that your existing documents actually continue to be usable?

sarc off//

Lyle
----
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (Adam Savage)

I'm not sure what you mean - can you explain a little more. Putting the cursor in a row _is_ selecting something, so what can you not do? Type? Delete? What about putting your cursor in the second row? Or the first non-heading row?

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back