Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2003 - Verdana size 10 corrupts on print

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemonkey77

Programmer
Feb 17, 2005
GB
Guys,

This is a really odd one - I have a machine which periodically corrupts various Word documents when the user sends it to print. The document squidges (a technical term) up the words in Verdana font size 10 making it unreadable. Following the print, if you change the font to another size, it prints fine.

This is a brand new Dell machine running XP Professional SP2 which I've rebuilt twice, reinstalled Office 2003 and replaced the Verdana set of fonts, but none of this resolves the problem. Please help!

Best regards,
James

why look under the lamp post when u probably lost the ring down the street?

u don't say anything about the printer.

have u tried another printer, if one avail?

updated printer driver?

checked spooling on your printer? print direct if possible.

- onedtent Onedtent OnedTent OnedTenT OneDTenT
Trying not to answer posts that have been replied to

We've three HP printers on the network and it happens on all of them, but only for this one user. Everyone else can print without problem.

The printers are very recent installs and so I haven't updated their drivers since installation. Would this resolve the problem if all other users can print ok?

I've recreated one of the Word templates from scratch and it gives me the same result.

in that case, remembering from one of the other threads; delete the user's local profile and re-create it. see what happens

this from microsoft:

If the problem does not occur when you use a different font, the cause of the problem is probably a damaged font or a damaged printer driver.

also try this:
with your mouse pointer, select the text; go to Format, Style; in the style list select Normal; click Apply; with the text still selected, press CTRL+SPACEBAR and then press CTRL+Q to remove all direct character formatting and paragraph formatting, respectively.

print

Thanks onedtent, manually editing the text resolves the formatting problem, but how do I prevent it from happening? I've already replaced the fonts on the machine with a fresh set and the print drivers work for everyone else on the network.

would it not be a good idea to un-install & re-install them? print drivers, that is.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but following the un-install and re-install of the print drivers, we're still getting the same problem. There are a couple of PCs showing the same behaviour so I'm wondering if it's a network problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back