Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2003 Default "Look In" when inserting Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDiesel12

Technical User
Dec 18, 2007
US
When I open a document in Word 2003 and then go and open another document, it defaults to the last location I "Looked In". With pictures it always goes back to the default location I have set in Options. How can I get the pictures to act the same as documents? I am inserting a lot of photos from a location deep in a directory and it will take forever if I have to navigate every time. Thanks !

For me, the Insert Pictures dialog box does default to the last place I got a picture, but the following might help you if you use Windows XP.

If you use Windows XP, Launch the Insert Picture dialog box (Insert > Picture> from File).

Right-click on the left side and choose 'Small Icons'.

Then navigate to the desired folder then use the Tools button (upper right side of the Insert Picture dialog box) to choose to 'Add to My Places'.

Now you have a shortcut to your folder on the left side of your Insert Picture dialog box.

--Lilliabeth

TRY tools/options/file locations/
change the clipart dir to the one you want and it defaults to there
wjwjr

This old world keeps spinning round - It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down

oh did I misunderstand the question? I thought the poster doesn't want it to automatically go to that location.

--Lilliabeth

no, i may have read it wrong.

If Nothing is entered into that field word doesnt go back to the last place i pick.

If Something is entered into the clipart location field word
always defaults to something

It looks like default behaviors and you can choose either/or for the default

This old world keeps spinning round - It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down

I got it. I just did a Detect and Repair on Word and it set back to default settings, and my issue was resolved. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back