Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2002 Spellchecking Language Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muttley

MIS
Nov 22, 2000
US
Hi

I (and the users I deal with) are UK based, but as part of a multinational company. As a result, we often receive documents that have originated in other countries, created in languages other than UK English. These documents can be used as the source for new documents, which are ostensibly written in UK English, however the users do not always change the language setting to UK for the entire document.

My question is - if Word is set to UK English as a default and a user receives one of these 'hybrid' documents, which language setting takes prominence? The one set as a default in Word or the one that is in the template?

Thanks in advance

Please clarify. You state you receive a document. Then you state you are receiving a template? Or are you receiving a document that is created from a template that is in another language.

Thanks.

Gerry

Gerry

My apologies - for 'template' read 'document' (i.e .we are talking here about .doc files and not .dot).

Thanks

It will revert to last saved version, so English(UK) i assume.

If you do a 'Select All', you can then change the entire document to one language. Does this help?

Microsoft products seem to prefer to use US English, regardless of the default on your own computer.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back