Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2002 MailMerge With Access 97 Password Protected DataBase

Status
Not open for further replies.

nQziteev

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2001
US
I have a software package that is written in Access 97 and uses an MDW security file. I used to use Word 97 to MailMerge into the Access97 database without any trouble.

I recently upgraded some workstations to Windows 2000 and Office XP, and installed the same Access97 program. Both work fine independantly.

I am trying to get WORD 2002 to MailMerge with the SYSTEM.MDA security file and the Access97 DataBase (which can not be converted to Access 2002). Is there a special ODBC driver I have to install for Word 2002 to talk to Access 97 database and MDW security file?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Peter

Hi, Peter!

You didn't say what happens when you try to merge.

Have you checked off the select method checkbox when opening the database. In Word 2000, it should be at the bottom right.

HTH

Indu

I've tried all the different providers listed. Most try to use AccessXP to open it. I always get an error opening the files. What provider should I be using? Ive tried both Access DDE and ODBC with no luck. Seems like everything goes through AccessXP, so I thought maybe I need to create a new provider somehow that uses Access 97.

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back