Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 - There is not enough memory....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberfreek

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2002
US
When chosing a menu option, the following error message appears.

There is not enough memory or disk space to complete the operation.

Then I select OK and the following message appears.

Word has insufficient memory. Do you want to save "finances" as Rescued document?

The odd thing is that this is an intermittant problem and is not geared towards one doc. It sporaticaly appears.

The system has been completely scanned for viruses and all the latest updates have been applied.

There is more than enough of disk space and memory available.

I even increased the casche.

When I viewd the affected doc on my computer, I am not able to open it unless I open the file from the word application.

This problem is ocurring on a windows 2000 pc with Office 2000 Pro.

I am out of ideas. Please help.

Thanks

John

Hi John!
I read your posting. Unfortunately, I cannot help you, cause I do have the same problem and it's driving me mad. Have you already got some answers to your problems? Please let me know. Perhaps it'll help me as well.
Thanks,
Grace

Hello John and Grace, this will be the first time I have answered questions on this forum usually I answer questions on All Experts under Food Safety Issues but needed to find the answer to a question about Paintshop Pro and ended up here. Saw your question and knew what you were going through. My husband is netmanrob a network engineer and I consulted with him before proceeding. I have encountered this message a few times myself but him being how he is it didn't take long to solve the problem. The problem envolves your cache alright but because you are running Windows 2000 and are also probably supporting more applications than before, if you have not upgraded your RAM this would be a good time to do so. When I upgraded my RAM for the graphic applications I run, my MS Office problems went away. Currently I am running 512MB of DDR. This solved my problem maybe it will yours. Incidentally, a RAM upgrade does not require a Windows XP licensing key.

Itsmehere.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve this problem.
As soon as I discover any hting new, I will let you know.

Hearts.

Thank you so much for your efforts in helping me out. I have plenty enough memory and disk space available so i don't think memory is the problem.

But because I tried everything, I will go ahead and add more memory this week.

Thanks again.

Hi John!
I solved the problem yesterday evening. It was quite a simple thing... As I'm German, I try my best to explain to you what I did. If you have any questions, please mail me and I try to help.
I changed the standard document pattern "Normal.dot" (that's how it's called in Germany) into "Vorlage.dot". After changing the name, I had no problems starting Word. Everything went as easily as always before.
I hope you understand what I did so that it'll help you as well.
Best regards,
Grace

itsmehere.

Thanks for the info. I will try that out tomorrow.

Hai this is prasad.

the same problem i am also facing.

the problem with dll file in system directory.
that is riched20.dll.

replace the dll file with new file the problem is 100% solved i think..

thanks U .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back