Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 Template Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjclarke02

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
AU
Hi all,

is it possible to setup a template to print first page on letterhead (tray 2), subsequent pages on plain (tray 3)? - HP LJ 4100N.

I have modified an existing template to do just that, saved and re-opened as a document and printed OK.

However, after opening the template for the second time, it defaults back to the users default printer settings of plain paper for all pages.

The only way to get it to work is to change the users default settings to letterhead for first, plain for the rest. But then all documents print to letterhead which is far from ideal.

thanks for any advice given
Greg

Are you setting up the paper trays in File - Page Setup - Paper Source?

Yes, I am. The printer setup is a HP LJ4100N with a 500 sheet (plain paper) tray (#3). Tray #2 is full of letterhead. Default tray setup via the printer is tray 3.

Using the template - file - page setup - paper source - I only have the option for default tray and form select.

The following settings ALL print to plain paper...

first - default tray. Others - default tray.
first - form select . Others - form select.
first - default. Others - form
first - form. Others - default.

So I have covered all options available to me with the same result.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back