Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000. Repetition of the last line of a page printing a doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallottino

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
IT
Using Word 2000 when I try to print a long document, sometimes, but not always, I find the last line of a page repeated as the first line of the following page!

Note that it doesn't appeare on the screen but only on the printed copy!

It's crazy and terrible but true!!

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for the answer...

Have you checked that you have the drivers for your printer match your OS?

Yes! The OS I'm using is Windows 2000 Professional SP4 and the application is Word 2000 SP 3. The printer is HP LaserJet 4 Plus using PCL5. The printer is not just new (1994) but when I installed it, two years ago, on Windows 2000 I downloaded the correct driver for the installation by HP site.

I can't belive!

Hav'you some other suggest?

Double-check the latest driver being used. HP4 is pretty old and they may not guarantee that the drivers will work, tho I've NEVER heard of this particular problem and believe that I would/should have.

Does the same doc print correctly to another printer? That will tell you if it's the printer/driver or not.

Anne Troy
Way cool stuff:

After a check, I noted that the defect only occurred when I printed the document(s) from a workstation with Windows 200 SP 1. After I upgraded Windows 2000 at SP3 the defect seems to occurr no more.
I hpoe the solution is right

Thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back