Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 on 98se Box locks up when launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

genenj420

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2002
US
The box was found to have the Nimda Worm on it. After I cleaned it with Symantics tool I tried to launch Word and it locked up. Next I replaced the riched20.dll since the tool found that file to be infected. Still no luck. I Updated the service pack and still the same damn problem. It says there is not enough memory to use word. The box is fine! besides word freezing on load. I removed it completly and reinstalled it and still the same problem.

I'm positive it's from Nimda but I did everything possible! Any other help would be great.

Thanks
Gene

Well after doing further troubleshooting I found that if I logged onto the box with a diffrent account I had no problems using it. I set his profile to roam and tried to log him on another box and it lock up word. So I rebuilt his profile and account and it works fine.

I had done everything else. I've had this problem once before and fixed it with the riched20.dll change. That's why I posted it.

Thanks All,
gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back