Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 menu stutters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

micksopko

Technical User
Feb 15, 2000
US
I'm running Word 2000 on WIN98 SE. When I open a document by clicking on an Explorer shortcut, I have a problem when I access any of the menu choices, like Print of Customize, etc. - the program icon on the taskbar starts blinking and the program seems to freeze. When I double-click on the icon The program window is minimized and the print or customize dialogue box is revealed. Then when I close the dialogue box and expand the program window again, the menu behaves normally.

Whenever I open Word first and choose a file to open from the menu, the program behaves normally when accessing menu items.

Does this strange behavior sound familar and correctable to anybody? TIA for any advice.

MICK

The problem you describe is similar to what's covered in Microsoft article Q286857.

In essence MS is trying to gather more info about this kind of problem before they would release the patch for a download, as such, you need to ask them for the patch, available at:

Hope that helps.

Indu

I don't care about apathy.

Thanks, Indu. That's exactly my problem. The solution they give however is specific to Word 2002, & Win XP. I sent them a note descrbing my situation. I can work around it but it's awkward.. MICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back