Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 10.0 Error on Opening Word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2001
GB
Everytime I open Word (XP sp2) I get the following error-

"An error occurred and this feature is no longer
funtioning properly. Please run setup and
select 'Repair....' to restore this application. "

The person is set as a USER on the PC (Office XP sp1). If i do a detect and repair it runs but then as soon as i log back in as the USER and not the ADMINISTRATOR i get the same error code again.

Any Ideas???

Did you install any AddIns? Sometimes that will cause these problems. There's always the dreaded "reinstall" if all else fails.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

mungoblack:

Try this command:

Start --> Run --> type "winword.exe /a" and see if it will start. If not and when you log in as admin can ran word just fine, try to recreate the user's account. Most likely that it is corrupted.

I hope this helps.

Mosmas

It works ok with the /a switch. Ive tried reinstalling and tried on various different accouints all set as USERS. Ive tried deleting normal.dot and a few Registry hacks on the Data Key, but still the same problems. It only seems to work if i set the accounts to ADMINS. Has anyone solved this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back